Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Momentum

Recently a friend voiced something that I'd been thinking about a lot lately. She was lamenting the fact that she didn't "do" anything. It's something I've been thinking about a lot lately too. On the weekends I usually manage to be pretty active and/or social, but during the week, I don't do a whole lot.

The conversation itself got a lot deeper than that, but the important part is, I want to change some of this. And while talking, i figured out what our problem was. Physics.

I do not remember a whole lot from my high school physics class, but I do remember inertia and momentum. An object at rest will stay at rest unless acted upon by another force, and an object in motion will remain in motion unless acted upon by another force. I needed momentum!

I decided that conversation would be my momentum. It would propel me forward. I would do stuff. This is one of those things I'm doing. Blogging! And I plan to try and do other stuff so that I have something to blog about.

I started on Sunday. It was a nice day out, so I decided to go for a walk. It was also a way for me to sneak some exercise in without going to the gym. I did a round trip of about 5 and 1/2 miles in my area. Yesterday I went for another walk after work, but only about 4 miles this time. Hopefully this will give me the oomph I need to keep going to the gym, and walking.

Later this week I'll post about my Monday Adventure. I cooked with TOFU!

No comments:

Post a Comment