Friday, February 19, 2016

2 in a row?

I've decided to try and start a podcast at work.  I'm in the planning stages right now.  It's good because it's something we should try, but it also aligns with my interests right now.  I subscribed to several others that I think can give me some ideas on how to get started. Some are from competitors, and some are from what I'd call parallel consumers.

Last night I started talking walks again.  I'm hoping to excercise a bit more, and that seemed like a good start.  It's a little more than a mile to walk around my block (It's a huge block).  Last night I did 2 laps, tonight I did 3.  I'm hoping to get up to 5 miles a night by the end of next week.  That would talk me near 2 hours, so it's a good time to start listening to podcasts.

One that I listened to tonight is called StartUp Podcast.  It's a guy making a podcast about how we wants to start a podcast business. The first part was really interesting, and I look forward to seeing where it goes.  His premise is that there's a market for story driven podcasts (like Nightvale, a popular one that I've also enjoyed.  I'm 2 episodes in on Nightvale, but it's awesome.)

Tonight at dinner I wondered aloud if I could be veterinarian for a week.  I might be giving that a shot soon.  I've done it before, more or less.  (During the week there were 2 occasions that I forgot I was vegetarian.)

Startup also got me thinking.  I'm still trying to find ways to make my mark, not just at work, not just in my industry, but I guess in my own mind.  I'm two blog posts in, but I've already mentioned 3 people who I feel have done pretty cool things and made an impact: Tim Ferris, Seth Godin, and now Alex Blumberg, the guy behind Startup.  How do I become a person like that, if not to the world at large, even in my own mind.  Something to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment